IS-277.A: Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA): Entry- Level
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-277.A: Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA): Entry- Level
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the basic BCA theory.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the basic flood concepts.
- Describe features of the BCA Tool.
- Complete a BCA using the Flood Module.
- Explain each screen and important data fields in the Flood Module.
- Complete the independent case study assignment.
- Use supplemental tools and techniques in the BCA Tool in response to different scenarios, which include: Multiple Structures, Displacement Costs Calculation, Loss of Function Calculation, BCR Just Below 1.0, Types of Basements.
- Explain key DFA concepts.
- Identify eligible hazards.
- Explain the DFA Module data and documentation requirements.
- Complete a DFA Module BCA.
- Explain Tornado Safe Room, Hurricane Wind, Hurricane Safe Room, Wildfire, and Earthquake Module data and documentation requirements.
- Complete a Tornado Safe Room, Hurricane Wind, Hurricane Safe Room, Wildfire, and Earthquake Module BCA.
The primary audience for this course is Federal, state, local, and tribal hazard mitigation staff; applicants/grantees; subapplicants/subgrantees; and personnel who are involved in the grant application development process and provide technical assistance.
Participants must have knowledge of computers (basic Windows and spreadsheet programs). Participants must complete the following online tutorials:
- Flood Insurance Rate Map tutorial at www.floodmaps.fema.gov/tutorials/ot_firm (30 minutes)
- Federal Insurance Studies tutorial at www.floodmaps.fema.gov/tutorials/ot_fis (40 minutes)
- IS 0276, Benefit-Cost Analysis Fundamentals
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-277.a