IS-289: Voluntary Agency Liaison (VAL) Overview (2022 edition)
This study guide includes all correct answers for
IS-289: Voluntary Agency Liaison (VAL) Overview
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the Voluntary Agency Liaison (VAL).
- Identify the VAL positions within government.
- Outline the VAL relationships with non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Define the VAL role in the four phases of emergency management.
- Outline the VAL Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- Identify ways to connect and learn with non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
There are no required prerequisites for this course. However, recommended prerequisites are:
- IS288.a: The Role of Voluntary Organizations in Emergency Management
- IS244.b: Developing and Managing Volunteers
- IS405: Mass Care/Emergency Assistance Overview
- IS505: Religious and Cultural Literacy and Competency in Disaster
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-289