IS-556: Damage Assessment for Public Works
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-556: Damage Assessment for Public Works
The purpose of this course is to build local capacity for damage assessment by enabling the development or refinement of a damage assessment program for the public works agency.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain basic concepts related to damage assessment
- Use risk and vulnerability assessment information for public works damage assessment planning
- Explain how public works is involved in planning the damage assessment program for both the community and the agency
- Use training and exercises to enhance the damage assessment program
- Describe basic operations of local damage assessment
- Analyze damage assessment after-action information
Public works professionals, urban planners, local government officials, elected officials
Strongly suggest students take IS-552, The Public Works Role in Emergency Management prior to taking this course
NOTE: IS-552 is undergoing revisions and will be unavailable until the revisions are complete.
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-556