IS-909: Community Preparedness: Implementing Simple Activities for Everyone
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-909: Community Preparedness: Implementing Simple Activities for Everyone
Community members are the key to our Nation’s preparedness and resilience. As such, we need to:
- Support the development of prepared, vigilant, and engaged communities.
- Foster strategic partnerships among:
- The private sector.
- Nongovernmental organizations.
- Community-based organizations.
The purpose of this course is to present a model program for community preparedness. In addition, resources materials are available to help organizations conduct simple preparedness activities for everyone.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition of preparedness.
- Describe the role of individuals and households in preparedness.
- Identify community preparedness principles.
- Describe the purpose of community-based preparedness activities.
- Identify the steps for planning and conducting a community-based preparedness program.
- Identify resources for supporting community-based preparedness programs.
Whole community including emergency management personnel and representatives of faith-based and nonprofit organizations.
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-909