IS-100.c TEST ANSWERS Introduction to the Incident Command System
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-100.c: Introduction to the Incident Command System
ICS 100, Introduction to the Incident Command System, introduces the Incident Command System (ICS) and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The Emergency Management Institute developed its ICS courses collaboratively with:
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- United States Fire Administration’s National Fire Programs Branch
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles and basic structure of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe the NIMS management characteristics that are the foundation of the ICS.
- Describe the ICS functional areas and the roles of the Incident Commander and Command Staff.
- Describe the General Staff roles within ICS.
- Identify how NIMS management characteristics apply to ICS for a variety of roles and discipline areas.
The target audience includes persons involved with emergency planning, and response or recovery efforts.
FEMA IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100 Answers
1. Which General Staff member prepares Incident Action Plans, manages information, and maintains situational awareness for the incident?
A. Planning Section Chief
B. Operations Section Chief
C. Logistics Section Chief
D. Finance/Administration Section Chief
2. If the Incident Commander designates personnel to provide public information, safety, and liaison services, the personnel are collectively referred to as the:
A. Director Staff
B. Incident Staff
C. Executive Staff
D. Command Staff
3. Which member of the Command and Staff interfaces with other agencies to meet incident-related information requirements?
A. Liaison Officer
B. Safety Officer
C. Public Information Officer
For more information regarding this course please visit