IS-100.SCA: Introduction to the Incident Command System for Schools
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-100.SCA: Introduction to the Incident Command System for Schools
The Emergency Management Institute developed the Introduction to ICS for Schools (IS-100.SCa for Schools) course in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Education. The course is designed primarily for kindergarten through high school personnel.
The overall course goal is to promote school safety by:
- Familiarizing you with how ICS principles can be applied in school-based incidents.
- Preparing you to interface with community response personnel
IS-100.SCa for Schools follows the National Incident Management System (NIMS) guidelines.
At the completion of this course, you should be familiar with:
- ICS applications in school-based incidents.
- ICS organizational principles and elements.
- ICS positions and responsibilities.
- ICS facilities and functions.
- ICS planning.
In addition, you will learn the steps you should take to be accountable for your actions during an incident.
The primary audience includes kindergarten through high school personnel.
N/A. However, completion of IS 700, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction is recommended.