IS-230.E: Fundamentals of Emergency Management
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-230.E: 2021 Edition Fundamentals of Emergency Management
The goal of this course is to provide all FEMA employees with basic information to prepare them for incident management and support activities. Additionally, this course will provide an overview of FEMA; introduce basic emergency management concepts; and provide a high-level look at how FEMA meets its mission.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the principles and authorities that are the foundation of emergency management.
- Explain how different partners contribute to emergency management in your community.
- Explain how the core capabilities support the mission areas to ensure preparedness.
- Describe the roles of each partner in emergency management.
- Explain the steps and resources necessary for developing a comprehensive emergency operations plan.
- Explain how to plan, manage, and coordinate resources for an efficient and effective response.
- Explain the functions of emergency management in emergency and day-to-day situations.
This entry-level course is designed for individuals new to the field of emergency management or persons with a desire to understand the fundamentals of emergency management.
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-230.e