IS-246.18: Implementing the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS)
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-246.18: Implementing the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS)
This course describes specific procedures for using Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) priority ratings for contracts and orders that support FEMA programs. The course emphasizes the critical role DPAS plays in support of FEMA’s mission. The course describes DPAS priority ratings, the placement of rated orders, the roles of FEMA employees in the DPAS process, and how to address DPAS challenges.
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to describe:
- The roles and interactions between key parties involved in implementing DPAS.
- The DPAS process and procedures at a FEMA program level, including how to place rated orders, address problems if they arise, and comply with DPAS reporting requirements.
This course is mandatory for DPAS Officers—FEMA personnel who are designated by FEMA management to fulfill DPAS Officer functions.
The course is strongly recommended for:
- Program officials responsible for directing the placement of DPAS rated orders and making FEMA program and procurement policy and decisions,
- Contracting Officers/Specialists who will be primary points of contact with prime contractors on DPAS issues and who may be responsible for determining DPAS activity eligibility, and
- Anyone interested in learning more about DPAS.
IS-245.a, Introduction to the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS)
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-246.18