IS-29.a: Public Information Officer Awareness
This study guide includes all correct answers for
IS-29.A: Public Information Officer Awareness
- Define emergency public information and the importance of being proactive. (Unit 1)
- Describe the role and functions of the PIO. (Unit 2)
- Describe the types of written products used in public information activities. (Unit 3)
- Recall preparation techniques that contribute to a successful media interview. (Unit 3)
- List the steps of the 8-Step Model for Strategic Communications. (Unit 4)
- Given a scenario, apply the 8-Step Model to a public awareness campaign. (Unit 4)
- Apply public information techniques to a 5% scenario. (Unit 5)
This course is designed for new or less experienced state, local, tribal and territorial PIOs or those who have this role as a secondary function.
The participant will benefit from participating in entry-level incident command system training prior to taking this course.
Course Length:7 hours
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-29.a