IS-552: The Public Works Role in Emergency Management
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-552: The Public Works Role in Emergency Management
This course provides an introduction to the role of Public Works departments in community emergency management. The training is intended to help communities improve their emergency management efforts regarding the functions of public works agencies prior to, during, and after disasters.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the roles of local, state, and federal governments as they relate to an understanding of what agency/locale will have authority and responsibility.
- Develop administrative practices and procedures.
- State the importance of effective communication.
- Identify the components that make up the emergency response system.
- Prepare an after-action evaluation and review.
Public works professionals, urban planners, local government officials, elected officials
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-552