IS-922: Applications of GIS for Emergency Management
This study guide includes all correct answers for IS-922: Applications of GIS for Emergency Management
The goal of this course is to explore how GIS technology can support the emergency management community. Topics addressed in this course include:
- GIS fundamentals and history.
- How GIS is used in emergency management.
- Tools available to enhance GIS usefulness.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the types of products that GIS can produce.
- Explain the role that GIS plays in supporting emergency management through each mission area.
- Understand the types of technology options that are currently available, and equip you with a list of questions and issues that you should consider when choosing the best solution for your organization.
This course is designed for individuals who supervise emergency management mitigation, planning, response, and recovery operations.
For more information regarding this course please visit https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-922